Friday, January 15, 2010

A confession is good for the soul!

How many times have you heard that statement! I have pondered it many times and wondered just what the person really meant by it. Just recently that statement has brought new meaning to my life. As a child I vividly remember thinking that if I confessed to an act of disobedience or an offense I knew would produce severe consequences that just maybe there would be some leniency in the severity of punishment. There are times when people use false confessions to cover another act of indescretion. These examples of confessions cannot be contributed to positive forces on our soul or heart. But in learning and working to understand myself, I have found that when I see an area of my life which needs special attention and work, it helps me so much to confess it not only to God, who already knows, but to my spouse, my dear friends who trust my heart, or someone who I may have affected by something I've done or said which stemmed from the problem. I have now made myself not only accountable to God, but to the people around me. Confessions of a fault is not an easy route to take, but I find myself looking for a better road once that route has been embarked upon.

I truly believe in Jesus, we are renewed day by day by making progress in our continual commitment to living a victorious life. For those who do so transfer their love from temporal things to eternal things, from visible things to invisible things, and from fleshly things to the eternal perspective of one day I am going to stand before God and any excuse I think I might have will be judged in the light of my knowledge of truth. This my friend convinces me that confessions are good for the soul!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I was an only child born into a preachers home. My Father passed away in 1990 and my Mother joined him in 2009. What dear wonderful parents I had. I am married to my best friend, Keith. Church and music have both been a big part of my life. I enjoy playing the piano and organ. I am a tax accountant and also bookkeeper for our businesses. God has blessed me with a wonderful Father and Mother-in-law. My husband has one sister Laura, who has become the sister I never had. Her husband Curt and two wonderful daughters add so much joy to our lives. Most of all I am follower of Christ. His Life is the great example of how I want to live. My prayer is others will be drawn to Him by what they see in me.