Monday, January 18, 2010

Presenting ourselves a living sacrifice......

Webster tells us that sacrifice is "an intentional loss of one thing to gain another". My husband has reminded me many times that words mean something and unless we determine what a writer means by his use of words, we cannot hope to understand the message. When I first read the word sacrifice I think of something really difficult. A very hard thing to do or give up. But in looking at this verse in Romans more carefully, I realize his admonition to us is simply that if we say we truly love Jesus, then it is only reasonable that we will want to present ourselves in such a manner that we reflect the true character of Christ. How do we do that? By giving up ourselves, our desires, our false pretense of happiness.....Jesus told us "Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and all these things shall be added unto you".

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I was an only child born into a preachers home. My Father passed away in 1990 and my Mother joined him in 2009. What dear wonderful parents I had. I am married to my best friend, Keith. Church and music have both been a big part of my life. I enjoy playing the piano and organ. I am a tax accountant and also bookkeeper for our businesses. God has blessed me with a wonderful Father and Mother-in-law. My husband has one sister Laura, who has become the sister I never had. Her husband Curt and two wonderful daughters add so much joy to our lives. Most of all I am follower of Christ. His Life is the great example of how I want to live. My prayer is others will be drawn to Him by what they see in me.