Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Is what I think important to anyone but myself?

It is not what one does, nor is it what one says, it is what a person thinks that makes them who they are. BUT, what one thinks determines what he will say or do....and we DO WHAT WE VALUE! An oxymoron you say!!!! I believe the Apostle Paul understood the human mind very well. He admonishes us to think on things that are true, honorable, just, pure, lovely, etc. Do we truly practice this in our life? Are we more concerned about the latest fashion and if my appearance is desireable, or am I careful that in looking my best I do not place myself as a stumbling block to others? Do we find it easier to talk about our favorite sports team, the newest movie out or the lastest happening in Hollywood than to think or talked about things that will make us a better person and help us to have a greater influence for good? All of us enjoy entertainment. After a long day of work there is nothing better than being with friends, reading a good book, listening to good music, snacking on popcorn and laughing at the antics of Don Knotts, or the Waltons and John Boy. But if entertainment, a way of escape or just plain laziness of thinking constructively and inwardly is where we are, it will be seen or heard by those around you, because what the heart thinketh, the mouth speaketh! What we think on, will characterize our actions and actions speak louder than words. How do we want to be characterized? THINK ABOUT IT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I was an only child born into a preachers home. My Father passed away in 1990 and my Mother joined him in 2009. What dear wonderful parents I had. I am married to my best friend, Keith. Church and music have both been a big part of my life. I enjoy playing the piano and organ. I am a tax accountant and also bookkeeper for our businesses. God has blessed me with a wonderful Father and Mother-in-law. My husband has one sister Laura, who has become the sister I never had. Her husband Curt and two wonderful daughters add so much joy to our lives. Most of all I am follower of Christ. His Life is the great example of how I want to live. My prayer is others will be drawn to Him by what they see in me.