Monday, January 11, 2010

HOPE

A devotional I read recently, noted that human beings are born with two diseases: LIFE, from which we die: and HOPE, which says the first disease is not terminal. Hope is something that is definately a very real part of our being. Whether it is for trival aspects of life or it becomes the very structure of our lives. As an only child, I was a dreamer. I imagined playmates, brothers, sisters etc. As I grew older I still tended to dream big, "hope" for things that seemed incredulous, take risks. I am thankful that Jesus and influential people in my life helped me to understand the real Hope. Is it wrong to hope for things? No! The question I believe is whether hope is self-deception, the ultimate cruelty of a cruel and tricky universe, or whether it is just possibly the inprint of reality. Jesus responds to that question. In essence Jesus tells us, to hope with all that is in you, dream your dreams, and imagine your most incredulous imaginations. Where your hopes and your dreams and your imagination leave off, the Love of my heavenly Father only begins. "For eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that LOVE HIM" THAT IS MY HOPE! (I COR 2:9)(excerpts from Brennan Manning)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I was an only child born into a preachers home. My Father passed away in 1990 and my Mother joined him in 2009. What dear wonderful parents I had. I am married to my best friend, Keith. Church and music have both been a big part of my life. I enjoy playing the piano and organ. I am a tax accountant and also bookkeeper for our businesses. God has blessed me with a wonderful Father and Mother-in-law. My husband has one sister Laura, who has become the sister I never had. Her husband Curt and two wonderful daughters add so much joy to our lives. Most of all I am follower of Christ. His Life is the great example of how I want to live. My prayer is others will be drawn to Him by what they see in me.