Saturday, January 23, 2010

Do we learn from past mistakes??????

For some of us (like me..............) it is much harder. Now for someone like my husband who thinks of every possible senario and predicts the future, pretty much one time and he has it down. But from my side of the world, it seems to take more hard knocks for my brain to avoid a reoccurance of a previous pain. I have asked myself
many times, "why?" As a child I remember telling myself after a severe consequence for wrong doing was administered, "never again"!!!! But we humans have a way of forgetting all too quickly when once the darkness is gone and the sunshine appears just how black the night can be. It seems impossible, when the sun is shining so brightly, it could ever be dark again. So it is with mistakes and blunders we make. At the time, we kick ourselves, think about how to avoid anything that even resembles the likes of it in the future and feel good about having conquered....but the one thing we forget is our ability to make the conscious choice to avoid it in the future. IT WILL NOT, JUST NOT HAPPEN!!!!! There is no special potion that we can take, nor a ritual we can perform and certainly not a mystical feeling we can receive from God that will no longer require that choice. It requires thinking, working and understanding ourselves to avoid any reoccurence of painful mistakes."Lord, with your help I will do my best to understand how to carefully make those conscious choices that reflect your Image".

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I was an only child born into a preachers home. My Father passed away in 1990 and my Mother joined him in 2009. What dear wonderful parents I had. I am married to my best friend, Keith. Church and music have both been a big part of my life. I enjoy playing the piano and organ. I am a tax accountant and also bookkeeper for our businesses. God has blessed me with a wonderful Father and Mother-in-law. My husband has one sister Laura, who has become the sister I never had. Her husband Curt and two wonderful daughters add so much joy to our lives. Most of all I am follower of Christ. His Life is the great example of how I want to live. My prayer is others will be drawn to Him by what they see in me.